February 23rd, 2023
How to: Bringing a Blue Rug into the Home
A blue rug can be a versatile and stylish addition to any interior design scheme.
Here are some ideas on how to incorporate a blue rug into your interior design:
1. Coastal/Beachy: Blue is a common color associated with the ocean, so a blue
rug would work well in a coastal or beach-themed room. Combine the blue rug
with white or sandy-colored walls, light-colored furniture, and nautical
accessories such as seashells or coral.
2. Modern/Contemporary: For a modern or contemporary look, combine the blue
rug with neutral-colored walls and furniture, such as white or gray. Add a few
bold accents in a contrasting color, such as yellow or red, to create a pop of
3. Traditional: Blue is a classic color that works well in traditional interior design
schemes. Combine the blue rug with warm, earthy tones like brown, beige, or
cream, and add traditional-style furniture, such as a classic wooden coffee
table or a tufted sofa.
4. Global: Blue is a color commonly found in traditional textiles from around the
world. Combine the blue rug with other textiles and accessories from different
cultures to create a global-inspired interior design scheme. Think of colorful
woven baskets, ceramic vases, and textured throws.
5. Colorful: If you enjoy a more eclectic or colorful interior design style, a blue
rug can work as a great base to build upon. Combine the blue rug with other
bold colors such as yellow, pink, or green. Add bold-patterned textiles, such
as a geometric-printed throw pillow or a floral accent chair, to create a fun and
Overall, a blue rug is a versatile and stylish addition to any interior design scheme, and can work in a variety of styles and color schemes.